Finding your suitable critical care nursing urden is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best critical care nursing urden including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
1. Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management
Get a firm understanding and mastery of the unique issues and procedures involved in critical care nursing with Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management, 8th Edition. Praised for its comprehensive coverage and clear organization, this market-leading text offers a great foundation in the realities and challenges of todays critical care unit thats perfect for both nursing students and practicing nurses alike. This new edition also features enhanced integration of QSEN and interprofessional collaborative practice, plus expanded coverage of leadership, post-ICU outcomes and highly contagious infections. Revamped case studies, Patient Teaching boxes, Evidence-Based Practice boxes, Patient Safety Alerts, and other learning tools further develop your critical thinking skills and prepare you for success in high-acuity, progressive, and critical care settings.
- UNIQUE! Nursing management plans of care feature approximately 35 NANDA-I nursing diagnoses to provide a detailed, ready-to-use, clinically current reference for safe, effective patient care.
- Consistent organization within each body-system unit provides a systematic framework for learning and for CCRN and PCCN certification preparation. It also serves as a great reference for clinical practice.
- Pharmacologic Management tables offer quick summaries of the drugs most often used in critical care.
- NEW! Enhanced QSEN integration makes it easier to link text content to the various QSEN competencies through the addition of QSEN-related questions in case studies, retitled features and boxes, QSEN content icons, and highlighted QSEN information throughout.
- UNIQUE! Integration of interprofessional collaborative practice incorporates the various IPEC competencies such as Values & Ethics for Interprofessional Practice, Roles & Responsibilities, Interprofessional Communication, and Teams & Teamwork into the text content and case studies.
- NEW! Enhanced focus on core content directs readers attention to routine adult critical care situations and minimizes the attention given to issues treated by specialized facilities.
- NEW! Revamped case studies feature updated scenarios and information to reflect the current "flavor" of high-acuity, progressive, and critical care settings with patients being seen in a variety of settings. These scenarios help readers "scaffold" learning and apply chapter content to true-to-life clinical situations.
- NEW! Content on post-ICU outcomes has been added to chapters on therapeutic management and disorders to provide readers with a more holistic perspective on the critical care patient experience.
- NEW! Expanded leadership content places a fresh focus on the emerging importance of nursing leadership to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- NEW! Added content on highly contagious infections has been incorporated into the chapter on sepsis to keep readers abreast of this ever-changing area of interest.
- NEW! Links to 15 sample skills from Elsevier Clinical Skills give readers a foundation in mastering critical care skills.
- NEW! Enhanced Patient Teaching boxes feature more specific and practical content for at-the-bedside patient care.
- NEW! Additional animations have been added to the Evolve companion website.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects changes in nursing, medical, and collaborative care of patients in high-acuity, progressive, and critical care settings.
2. Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management, 7e
Praised for its comprehensive coverage and clear organization, Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management, 7th Edition is the go-to critical care nursing text for both practicing nurses and nursing students preparing for clinicals. Nine sections highlight the alterations seen in critical care and make it easy to understand the unique challenges of critical care nursing. An abundance of learning tools such as Patient Safety Alerts, Evidence-Based Practice boxes, NIC interventions, case studies, Pharmacologic Management boxes, and more give you a better understanding of clinical practice and help you reference vital information quickly and easily.
- Consistent organization within each body-system unit allows you to use this book as a one-stop resource for your critical care nursing education, as well as a reference for the relevant assessment techniques, lab values, and patient management principles needed by practicing nurses.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes reinforce practice guidelines for both collaborative and nursing care.
- Case studies in each chapter help you internalize and apply chapter content to clinical situations.
- Pharmacologic Management tables offer quick summaries of the drugs most often used in critical care.
- Patient Safety Alerts provide key information for special safety issues to keep safety in the forefront of your mind.
- Nursing Management Plans of Care appendix provides detailed, clinically-relevant care plans tied to 35 different NANDA nursing diagnoses.
- Highlighted QSEN content makes it easy to identify QSEN competenciesasthey relate to critical care nursing.
- Internet Resources box provides a list of key websites from leading organizations in critical care.
- Combined chapter on shock, sepsis and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome makes understanding similar physiologic processes easier.
- Chapter summaries provide quick study guides by organizing key information in the chapter.
- New! 6-second, standard ECG strips help you learn to identify wave forms and accurately reflect what youll use in practice.
- New equipment information andphotos accurately depicts what youll encounter in a modern critical care unit.
3. Priorities in Critical Care Nursing (Urden, Priorities in Critical Care Nursing)
FeatureUsed Book in Good Condition
4. Priorities in Critical Care Nursing[ PRIORITIES IN CRITICAL CARE NURSING ] by Urden, Linda D. (Author) Nov-18-11[ Paperback ]
5. Priorities in Critical Care Nursing, 7e
Ensure you are up to date on all the common and urgent issues in the critical care unit with Priorities in Critical Care Nursing, 7th Edition! With its succinct coverage of all core critical care nursing topics, this evidence-based text is the perfect resource for both practicing nurses and nursing students alike. Using the latest, most authoritative research, this book will help you identify priorities to accurately and effectively manage patient care. Content spans the areas of medication, patient safety, patient education, nursing diagnosis, and collaborative management and much more to equip you for success in all aspects of critical care nursing. This new edition also features new case studies, new QSEN-focused call-out boxes throughout the text, a complete digital glossary, and revised chapter summaries.
- Evidence-based approach offers the most accurate and timely patient care recommendations based on the latest and most authoritative research, meta-analyses, and systematic reviews available.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Diagnosis Priorities boxes list the most urgent potential nursing diagnoses, with a page reference to the corresponding Nursing Management Plan.
- Nursing Management Plans provide a complete care plan for every Priority Diagnosis that includes the diagnosis, definition, defining characteristics, outcome criteria, nursing interventions, and rationales.
- Case studies with critical thinking questions test your understanding of key concepts and their practical applications.
- Concept maps help students understand common critical health conditions, including acute coronary syndrome, acute renal failure, ischemic stroke, and shock.
- Collaborative Management boxes guide you through the management of a wide variety of disorders.
- Patient Education boxes list the concepts that must be taught to the patient and the family before discharge from the ICU.
- Priority Medication boxes offer a foundation in the pharmacology used most in critical care.
- NEW! QSEN Evidence-Based Practice boxes use the PICOT framework to cover a timely topic and the research that underlies current patient care.
- NEW! TEACH for Nurses manual includes unique case studies, outlines, instructor resources, student resources, answer keys, and more.
- NEW! PowerPoint slides with unfolding case studies have been updated to include interactive questions and sample handoff information in the ISBARR format for appropriate chapters.
- NEW! Cultural Competency boxes provide information on basic cultural topics, including what cues to watch for and how to better provide culturally competent care.
- NEW! QSEN Teamwork and Collaboration boxes offer concise guidelines for effective handoffs, assessments, and communications between nurses and other hospital staff.
- NEW! QSEN Patient Safety Alert boxes highlight important guidelines and tips to ensure patient safety.
- NEW! QSEN Internet Resources boxes identify key organizations and websites for both general critical care practice and for each specific body system.
- NEW! Key points at the end of each chapter offer a quick study tool for students.
- NEW! More-detailed objectives now include every disorder covered in the chapter.
- NEW! Digital glossary on the Evolve companion site help to increase students critical care nursing vocabulary.
6. Thelan's Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management
DescriptionThis classic resource for critical care nursing is now a full-color text that provides a thorough examination of all the important aspects of critical care nursing with more appealing illustrations and design elements. Organized in ten units around alterations in body systems, this text's depth and scope will appeal to both novice and expert, while instructors praise its comprehensiveness and depend on its clinical relevance to inform their teaching and practice.
- Special Feature list located in the inside front and back covers provide a quick reference for finding this information.
- Clinical Applications promote student learning and critical thinking by illustrating the clinical course of a patient experiencing the history, clinical manifestations, treatment, and outcomes discussed.
- Data Collection feature incorporates information that should be included as part of the patient's history.
- Nursing Diagnoses feature fosters critical thinking and decision making in a boxed "menu" of nursing diagnoses, complete with specific etiologic or related factors.
- Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) feature lists the important nursing actions for a variety of nursing interventions that would be commonly incorporated in the management of a critically ill patient requiring a specific therapeutic management.
- Patient Education feature list the special topics that should be taught to the patient and family to prepare them for discharge.
- Pharmacologic Management Tables outline the common medications, along with any special considerations, used in treatment of the different disorders presented in the text.
- Full-color design and illustrations visually enhance the text.
- Evidence-Based Collaborative Practice feature highlights important research based articles on important topics like diabetic ketoacidosis, coronary artery disease and stable angina, and severe sepsis to help students understand the clinical significance of the problem.
- Patient Safety Alert feature highlights any safety issue for the learner that is specific and related to the chapter discussion as well as prepares the learner for important clinical situations.
- Collaborative Management boxes focus on the aspects of multidisciplinary care in the management of patients in the critical care setting. These are found in the nursing management sections, where appropriate, and are a numbered box.
- Pulmonary Disorders chapter now covers SARS.
- Neurologic Alterations chapters are restructured to three chapters in the unit.
- Organ Donation and Transplantation chapter now has important information on organ donation and procurement process.
7. Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management (Thelans Critical Care Nursing Diagnosis)
Adaptable to any nursing framework, this classic resource provides clear, comprehensive coverage of every aspect of critical care nursing practice. Its organized in nine units around alterations in body systems, with a focus on evidence-based practice, collaborative management, and patient safety. The depth and scope of this textbook make it a long-lasting value that you will rely on throughout nursing school and well into clinical practice.
- Evidence-Based Practice: Collaborative and Evidence-Based Practice: Nursing boxes offer the latest evidence-based management guidelines for both collaborative and nursing care and highlight the importance of basing practice on strong evidence.
- Collaborative Management boxes examine the interdependence of nursing and medical practice and demonstrate the importance of teamwork in the management of critical care patients.
- Pharmacologic Management tables in each therapeutic management chapter provide a quick summary of drug names, recommended dosages, drug actions, and special considerations for the drugs most often used in critical care.
- Nursing Diagnoses boxes in every disorders chapter list common diagnoses in priority order for each body system, encouraging critical thinking and effective decision-making.
- Patient Safety Alerts highlight potential safety issues related to chapter content as identified by the Joint Commission.
- UNIQUE! Data Collection boxes in assessment chapters outline all the information required for a complete patient assessment.
- Patient Education boxes offer quick access to the concepts that must be taught to the patient and the family before discharge from the ICU.
- Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) boxes list the important nursing actions for a variety of nursing interventions that are part of the therapeutic management of a critically ill patient.
- A new chapter on genetics gives you a solid understanding of this essential aspect of modern healthcare.
- UNIQUE! Concept maps in each disorder chapter help you understand common health conditions, including acute coronary syndrome, acute renal failure, ischemic stroke, and shock.
- Case studies address important critical care nursing topics and give you the opportunity to apply key concepts to real-world scenarios.
8. Priorities in Critical Care Nursing (Urden, Priorities in Critical Care Nursing)
DescriptionIn this essentials version of the bestselling critical care nursing textbook (Thelan's Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management, 5th Edition), Priorities in Critical Care Nursing, 5th Edition concisely addresses all of the core critical care nursing topics and helps you identify priorities to effectively manage patient care. Priorities in Critical Care Nursing also covers ethical and legal issues, patient and family education, psychosocial alterations, sleep alterations, nutritional alterations, gerontologic considerations, and end-of-life care.
- UNIQUE! Determining your diagnosis priorities is simple with Nursing Diagnosis Priorities boxes accompanying each medical disorder and major medical treatment discussion.
- UNIQUE! Patient Safety Priorities boxes included in each therapeutic management chapter highlight important patient safety considerations.
- Collaborative Management boxes guide you through management of a wide variety of disorders.
- Full-color design and illustrations throughout give you a real-life look at critical care.
- End-of-Life Care chapter discusses advance directives, palliative care, withdrawal of mechanical ventilation, and organ donation.
- Hematologic and Oncologic Issues chapter in the "Multisystem Alterations" unit addresses issues related to immunosuppression oncology and hematologic oncology, including disseminated intravascular coagulation, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, and tumor lysis syndrome.
- Evidence-Based Collaborative Practice features summarize evidence-based recommendations for a variety of therapies.
- Patient Education features guide you in patient education for disorders including stroke, craniotomy, and Guillain-Barr syndrome.
- Common critical conditions are easily understandable with Concept Maps on conditions including intracranial hypertension, acute respiratory failure, acute gastrointestinal hemorrhage, myocardial infarction, acute respiratory distress syndrome, diabetes mellitus, and septic shock.
9. Priorities in Critical Care Nursing
Stay on top of the most important issues in high acuity, progressive, and critical care settings with Priorities in Critical Care Nursing, 8th Edition. Perfect for both practicing nurses and critical care nurses reviewing for CCRN certification alike, this evidence-based textbook uses the latest, most authoritative research to help you identify patient priorities in order to safely and expertly manage patient care. Succinct coverage of all core critical care nursing topics includes medications, patient safety, patient education, problem identification, and interprofessional collaborative management. Youll learn how to integrate the technology of critical care with the physiological needs and psychosocial concerns of patients and families to provide the highest-quality care. Additionally, this new edition places a unique focus on interprofessional patient problems to help you learn to speak a consistent language of patient problems and work successfully as part of an interprofessional team.
- Need-to-know content reflects todays high acuity, progressive, and critical care environments!
- UNIQUE! Balanced coverage of technology and psychosocial concerns includes an emphasis on patient care priorities to help you provide the highest-quality nursing care.
- Consistent format features a Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures chapter followed by one or more Disorders and Therapeutic Management chapters for each content area.
- Strong QSEN focus incorporates Evidence-Based Practice boxes that employ the PICOT framework; Teamwork and Collaboration boxes that provide guidelines for effective handoffs, assessments, and communication between nurses and other hospital staff; and Patient Safety Alert boxes that highlight important guidelines and tips to ensure patient safety in critical care settings.
- Nursing management plans at the end of the book provide a complete care plan for every priority patient problem including outcome criteria, nursing interventions, and rationales.
- Additional learning aids include case studies, concept maps, Collaborative Management boxes, Patient Education boxes, Priority Medication boxes, and Cultural Competency boxes.
- NEW! Updated evidence-based content reflects the latest meta-analyses, systematic reviews, evidence-based guidelines, and national and international protocols.
- NEW! Enhanced multimedia resources include 15 links to sample skills from Elsevier Clinical Skills and 25 3D animations.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Focus on interprofessional patient problems helps you learn to speak a consistent interprofessional language of patient problems and learn to work successfully as a team.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Integration of (IPEC) Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice incorporates the four IPEC Competencies Values/Ethics, Teams and Teamwork, Roles/Responsibilities, and Interprofessional Communication into textbook content and case studies.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated case studies reflect the current "flavor" of high-acuity, progressive, and critical care settings and now include questions specifically related to QSEN competencies.
- NEW! Additional content on post-ICU outcomes has been added to chapters as they relate to specific disorders.
- NEW! Updated information on sepsis guidelines has been added to Chapter 26.
- NEW! More concise boxes with new table row shading enhance the book's focus on need-to-know information and improve usability.
10. Priorities in Critical Care Nursing (Urden, Priorities in Critical Care Nursing)
DescriptionPriorities in Critical Care Nursing succinctly addresses all the topics crucial to students or beginning critical care nurses. Designed for 9-13 week critical care classes, this new edition prepares readers to integrate the technology of critical care with psychosocial concerns in order to provide high-quality nursing care. Discussions of medical and nursing management are evidence-based wherever possible, incorporating the most recent references. Covering everything from the foundations of critical care nursing practice to nursing management, the text helps readers easily identify essential information with the help of special callout boxes. Each nursing management plan incorporates nursing diagnosis, etiologic or related factors, clinical manifestations, and interventions with rationales, all liberally cross-referenced throughout the book. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
- Organized into four units: Foundations, Common Problems, Body Systems, and Nursing Management Plans of Care.
- Features Nursing Diagnosis Priorities Boxes.
- Diagnostic Tables accompany each diagnostic procedure discussion.
- Includes average length of stay (LOS) for each disorder.
- Unique! Includes Collaborative Management Priorities boxes in nursing management sections.
- Web-active review questions for each chapter focus on key concepts and nursing priorities.
- Features separate chapter on sedation (Chapter 9).
- Contains end-of-life content in the legal/ethical chapter as well as in each nursing management section.
- Boxes on the neutropenic patient, the immunocompromised patient, smallpox, and anthrax appear in appropriate sections of the text.
- Features information on safe medical devices act and safety initiatives in the legal/ethical chapter as well as new boxes on patient safety priorities in each therapeutic management chapter.