Finding the best high school mathematics textbook suitable for your needs isnt easy. With hundreds of choices can distract you. Knowing whats bad and whats good can be something of a minefield. In this article, weve done the hard work for you.
1. Holt California Algebra 1, Student Edition
2. HIGH SCHOOL MATH 2011 ALGEBRA 2 STUDENT EDITION
DescriptionClean used book with no underlining or marks. This is a book only (no codes or cd) with the book, but does have selected answers in the back of the book.
3. No bullshit guide to math and physics
FeatureNo Bullshit Guide to Math and Physics
Often calculus and mechanics are taught as separate subjects. It shouldn't be like that. Learning calculus without mechanics is incredibly boring. Learning mechanics without calculus is missing the point. This textbook integrates both subjects and highlights the profound connections between them.
This is the deal. Give me 350 pages of your attention, and I'll teach you everything you need to know about functions, limits, derivatives, integrals, vectors, forces, and accelerations. This book is the only math book you'll need for the first semester of undergraduate studies in science.
With concise, jargon-free lessons on topics in math and physics, each section covers one concept at the level required for a first-year university course. Anyone can pick up this book and become proficient in calculus and mechanics, regardless of their mathematical background.
4. Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching High School (Understanding How to Use Functions)
Develop a deep understanding of mathematics by grasping the context and purpose behind various strategies. This user-friendly resource presents high school teachers with a logical progression of pedagogical actions, classroom norms, and collaborative teacher team efforts to increase their knowledge and improve mathematics instruction. Explore strategies and techniques to effectively learn and teach significant mathematics concepts and provide all students with the precise, accurate information they need to achieve academic success. Combine their understanding of functions and algebraic concepts so they can better decipher the world.
- Explore how to develop, select, or modify mathematics tasks in order to balance cognitive demand and engage students.
- Discover the three important norms to uphold in all mathematics classrooms.
- Learn to apply the tasks, questioning, and evidence (TQE) process to grow as both learners and teachers of mathematics.
- Gain clarity about the most productive progression of mathematical teaching and learning for high school.
- Watch short videos that show what classrooms that are developing mathematical understanding should look like.
1. Equations and Functions
2. Structure of Equations
4. Types of Functions
5. Function Modeling
6. Statistics and Probability
Epilogue: Next Steps
Appendix: Weight Loss Study Data
5. E-Z Business Math (Barron's Easy Series)
DescriptionThis self-teaching manual reviews arithmetic skills as they apply to business records and functions. Topics reviewed include fractions, decimals, calculating percentages, the fundamentals of statistics and business graphics, measurements in the English and metric systems, and applications of mathematics to banking, investing, loans, and setting up a business.
Barrons continues its ongoing project of updating, improving, and giving handsome new designs to its popular list of Easy Way titles, now re-named Barrons E-Z Series. The new cover designs reflect the books brand-new page layouts, which feature extensive two-color treatment, a fresh, modern typeface, and more graphic material than ever. Charts, graphs, diagrams, instructive line illustrations, and where appropriate, amusing cartoons help to make learning E-Z. Barrons E-Z books are self-teaching manuals focused to improve students grades across a wide array of academic and practical subjects. For most subjects, the skill level ranges between senior high school and college-101 standards. In addition to their self-teaching value, these books are also widely used as textbooks or textbook supplements in classroom settings. E-Z books review their subjects in detail, using both short quizzes and longer tests to help students gauge their learning progress. All exercises and tests come with answers. Subject heads and key phrases are set in a second color as an easy reference aid.
6. Algebra 1 (McDougal Littell High School Math)
DescriptionAlgebra 1. Dolciani, Swanson, Graham. 1992. Houghton Mifflin ISBN 0395535891
7. HIGH SCHOOL MATH 2012 COMMON-CORE ALGEBRA 2 STUDENT EDITION GRADE 10/11